Wednesday, March 28, 2007

This Time..

I'm really going to do it.
Nothing will change my mind..
Any fear will be squashed as it arises.
Any doubt ignored.
Culture pressure will be tossed aside.
This time, unlike last time, I am going
to say "No thanks".
When I sit myself down in Nichole's chair
at my local salon in a few days and she
asks, "are we doing the same color as last
time?", I'm going to say, "Just a trim please".
I am not, will not, color my hair any longer.
It's hair, and nature and time are having
their way with it.
"F" this trying to stay young looking.
I am not a breeder anymore!
Guys go gray.
I don't dismiss them when the silver starts
showing, nor when they start losing their hair
either.
Well, I just refuse to ride on the "look as young
as you can, for as long as you can" train any
longer.
This woman is getting off at the station and
is walking the rest of her way home.
Truth is, I resent feeling bad about something
that is totally natural.
We're all doing it, and time is playing with all
of us.
I'm going out gracefully, ala natural, and that's
that.
So there.
The revolution will not be televised.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm with you on this one!

Linda said...

I still highlight mine but I've been kind of leaning on just doing what comes naturally too!