The weather is improving everyday, the new build
next door has had it's first family move in, not the
side of the twin that's next to me though.
When I got home late yesterday afternoon I worked
in my flowers beds for half an hour and plan on
getting a few bags of mulch to lay down to keep the
weeds in check this season.
After I finished, I sat down on my little patio area
and considered what else I should plant to block
the view I have of street traffic and give the space a
feeling of more privacy.
It's a very pleasant location to sit on summer mornings
with a mug of coffee and a book.
Gym night and four of us took advantage of the
opportunity to pump it up. And that means different
things to each of us.
We're all doing our own thing but the camaraderie
is priceless and makes the time fly by.
I'm not doing anything very interesting, just the
usual DB squats, Lunges, DB Good mornings, Arnolds,
and Isolation curls.
The slide board is becoming fun. When we started I
couldn't get the hang of the balance aspect, (no surprise
there) but after a hand full of sessions I'm beginning
to get a groove on.
We have two now and they face each so the wait for
your turn has been cut in half.
First time I faced another person sliding in front of me,
instead of the usual empty space, it was disconcerting.
I found that we ended up being in sync as one person
was absorbed into the rhythm of the other.
Kinda cool.
Three sessions ago I was doing 2 minutes at a shot,
moved up to 4 minutes on the next visit, 8 minutes the
one after that, and last night grooved out 10, 14, and 5
minute sets.
I did break out some beads of sweat on the 14.
Hey, more improvements are being made to the
gym itself.
We have a juice bar!
Is a towel service next?
Tonight we are having out 1st outdoor practice of the
season and it should be interesting to see how I feel on
the 100's outdoors.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Was wondering where you went! Glad you showed up on my blog. Ah, first ride of the season, I'm so looking forward to that!
Post a Comment