Now that I'm going to indoor practice twice
a week, instead of three or four, I do wonder if
I'm losing any fitness.
The crank factor has definitely toned down though
and I'm thankful for that, so are the guys I work
with! LOL
Felt the burn in my legs last night during relays
and didn't know if it was lack of practice or the
fact that my dinner was from Subway and not
a bowl of oatmeal. Problem is I'm getting really
tired of the Quaker Oat man.
Anyway, received a few pointers from my coach
last night and set out to put them into use right
away.
One is to carry my weight and body over the in
side knee on the corners and the other is to get
my head lower.
Getting lower is the trick to carrying the speed
I'm creating now and falling on my rear end twice
during the last Meet was the result of being too
upright and having my feet get out ahead of the
rest of me.
Evolution.
When I stand on the podium, I am the picture
of evolution.
If I can do it, if I can become a speed skater, if I
can excel, anyone can.
Trick is to have a great coach and supportive team
mates, like we do.
Then you have to keep picking yourself up when
you fall, get to practice whether you feel like it or
not, and have faith that it will all come when the
days turn to months, and then years and your still
at the front of the line.
Then, when you lose faith, someone else has to be
there to have it for you.
When I look back on my time in that spot, one that
is no longer mine, I know I paid my dues, like other
beginners are doing now.
Though I might not have been very fast on the uptake,
I will be one of the better skaters my age when it's all
said and done.
Hubris?
No.
A fact.
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment