Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Odds & Ends

Woke up with a sore back.
It was fine yesterday..maybe it's all the bending
over when I file.
Something I cut short last night. Stayed two
hours instead of four. The sun was calling my
name and I didn't want to drive home in the dark.
Which means tonight I have to stay to finish my
commitment.
My EBay purchase, "The Illustrated Woman"
arrived in the mail yesterday.
I bought it because I am interested in what type
of ink women put on their bodies and what type
of women they are.
Yeah. I'm judgemental.
I don't want to be, but this stuff pops into my head
without asking.
Maybe it's not really judging people..maybe it's
more along the lines of, "I don't want to look like that".
Or, "That's really nice..could I wear that the rest of
my life?"
All comes down to the BIG question.
What do I want?
What I'm I willing to commit to?
What do I want to put my heart into?
Three questions, but all the same thing..
Then there is..
Who and what am I giving up on.
(Gotta let some people and stuff go soon..)
At times I wish the fuel of my life wasn't feelings..

My boss isn't talking me.
He's giving the job I wanted, the one he has offered
me twice, to someone else, again.
I think he feels conflicted about how it went down
and needs some time to pass before we return to
our previously comfortable relationship.
OK.
Count your blessings..
I have a good position and can only think that I'm
meant to stay in it for now.

My Dad is moving along with my birthday present
of a new bed and the bedding to go with it.
God bless him, but I don't get to choose the bed or
mattress which is kinda scary.
Especially with my back and it's history.
A bed is pretty personal. Like the type of under
pants you favor.
Having someone go out and buy you "personal
wear" is asking for a trip to the return department,
or a long stay of the item/s in the bottom of your
dresser drawer.
I hope this has a good ending...

Spring is here and I have a boat load of things that
need doing in and around the house this year.
I've gotten away with putting stuff off but can't
let it slide anymore.
Painting is one thing. What was decent looking when
I signed my name to the mortgage 4 years ago, can't
be called anything other than shabby now..

No comments: