Taurus's are stubborn.
It's more I think, that we are persistent and determined
once we get our mind set on something.
Now getting my mind set on something can take awhile.
It's in my nature to live and let live, and to try to see all
points of view.
Right and wrong?
It's all relative depending on where you are standing.
Religion?
All path's lead to God.
Is light the left hand of darkness?
Or is darkness the left hand of light?
Didn't God say "Let There Be Light!", from where he was
in the dark?
God was in the dark...interesting..
Everything we are came out of the same place.
What we all call, good and bad.
Can God be against himself/herself?
See what I mean?
Anyway, mostly I try to stay in the light, away from the
more unpleasant aspects of life.
I know about them, I've been involved here and there, but
I try my best to walk on the sunny side of the street.
And I make a good effort to stay away from anything that
hurts.
That doesn't always work, but I don't look for pain and avoid
it as much as possible.
Being an athlete, this doesn't work in my favor so much.
No pain, no gain it's said.
By somebody else, not me.
At the same time, I'm tough.
And in me somewhere, resides a warrior.
An old example.
Many years ago I was training a flaky Egyptian Arab, a gelding.
Bought him cheap if I didn't get him for free.
His was related to an filly I rode regularly and I had a soft spot
for him, but he was unpredictable.
Long story short I was on the farm by myself one afternoon,
had him saddled up, put my left foot in the stirrup to mount
and off he walked.
Lost my balance when my leg stretched out further and further
and he refused to stop. When I finally got it out I landed
awkwardly.
In slow motion I watched as my ankle went all the way to the left
touching the grass and all the way to the right doing the same.
This with my foot on the ground.
I thought, "I didn't know your ankle could do that.."
It shouldn't.
It did.
The gelding kept walking away and moments later I was in
severe pain.
I'd sprained my ankle.
Bad.
With no one around, and no one coming, it was up to me to get
the horse, un-tack him, and put him away before I went up to
the farm house to access the damage and get some ice.
Eating grass by this time, I couldn't just leave him to roam,
though it occurred to me to leave him to his own devices.
Luckily we were not far from the barn.
I had no insurance.
I had 27 horses to take care of.
So I did, inching my way from the house to the barn for a week,
twice a day, through the chores, till I couldn't take the pain anymore ,
caved, and went to see the Doctor out of pocket.
When I pulled my sock off to show him my ankle, his eyes opened
wide and he asked when I'd done it, so I told him and he slowly shook
his head.
My ankle was not only swollen, it was completely black.
I was in an air cast all summer.
The tough comes out when the hurt gets bad but I'm a wussy otherwise.
My back is killing me, strangers can see it in my eyes, but here I am
filing for nine hours on a Saturday.
Doing it anyway I can manage.
It's when I fall in a race and I'm off the back with no hope to win that
I pull out the tough.
When my body tells me no, well, that's when I want to go.
Weird.
Saturday, March 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment