Ice cream till after Nationals!
And I don't care if it is on sale :O
If we have it in the freezer, I'm
going to eat it, no matter how good
my intentions are, so that's that.
Really.
No more.
Ice cream.
There.
I've said it.
I'm going to stick to my plan.
Indoor practice yesterday afternoon
and it was sweet not to have to go
to work with my son at 6am, leave at
4pm and rush to make it to the rink
by 5.
There were some skaters from Frenchtown
joining us and it's always nice to have
them up.
They invited us to their Sunday practice,
this morning at nine, and even with a
newly coated floor I'm skipping it.
Motherhood calls.
My son's headset he uses with his computer
died last night and he is at a loss until
it is replaced.
When I got home last night I found him in
the living room, reading a book.
Yes, a real book, with paper pages and
everything..
Should have taken a picture of that while
I had the opportunity..
Nothing terribly exciting to report from
yesterdays practice.
Except I jumped/moved 2-3 times off the
start line before the whistle.
This used to be unusual for me but now
that I do standing starts, it's the norm.
:(
OK. So let's say I'm "exploring" and fine
tuning my starts, trying to leave the
hesitation I often have at,"GO!", behind,
Unfortunately, my timing is off..
LOL!
There was a decent crash during relays.
A one person crash.
Mine.
Got a good push from my partner Bill,
but hit skates with somebody else,(it's
a total blur now),and down I went smacking
my head hard and bouncing it up and back
down onto the floor.
Even while it was happening I had a thought
flash, "Thank God for helmets!".
Ran the top of my left hand down the floor
and in doing so left some skin from my wrist
and knuckles behind.
Stunned, it took more than a a few seconds to
take in what happened, gather my wits about me,
get up, and finish my laps.
It's rare for me to ask for ice, but this time
I did, my wrist hurt..
The morning after, it's the floor burn on a
movable joint that's a pain, and it woke me up
in bed last night many times.
Oh well, you skate, you fall.
They go hand in hand.
Coach is replacing our indoor practice this
afternoon with outdoor at Emrick..
Sun's out, should be good :)
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You ride with cleats, you also fall, they go hand-in-hand too. Hope you're healing.
Post a Comment