Well, it wasn't that I was exhausted, but I was tired,
and so did what I could to get out of Sundays afternoon
practice.
Coach thought that wasn't the best choice for me to
make, so go I did.
Immediately apparent in the warm up pace, my legs
had not recovered from the ESS.
Chipping away at the laps I wanted to kill the guy
in the front leading us, he hadn't raced Saturday, and
was happily charging along. Though I like him, I not
only sent my less than friendly thoughts up the line in
his direction, but I also verbalized them.
Yes, I was tired.
The joy I'd felt on John's MPC wheels last week was no
where to be found, but I was aware that I was keeping
up, for awhile at least, at higher speeds.
If I hadn't been beat energy wise, I could have stayed
in longer.
Monday was a rest day. No skating, no weight work.
In fact coach told me weight work is over till August.
Now, we skate fast.
Couldn't help myself last night, and I did get on the
slideboard I'd asked Scott G. to make for me. I've used
the one he built for the team gym and like it a lot.
A solidly built beauty, he loaded mine in the back of my
small car Tuesday a week ago at Emrick. I'd only been
on it once, just to give it a spin, and had been very happy
with the smooth sweetness of sliding from one side to the
other in a steady rhythm, arms swinging.
My son timed me, :30 seconds x 6, low as I could get
without falling off. That board is slick!
Since it was a rest day, I stopped at that.
Spent a few hours hanging up curtain rods in my bedroom,
something I've been wanting to do forever.
I'd bought a cordless hand drill Sunday, a Mothers Day
present to myself, and put it to use :)
Watch out now!
Girl with a power tool is a dangerous thing!!
LOL
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment