Thursday, May 3, 2007

Fresh Air

A new day brought a fresh start to my work a day world.
Not everything went smoothly, but as the new drivers learn
where they are going without having to rely on a GPS, parts
will get where they need to be faster.
Tony wasn't so happy as I took the role of leader yesterday
morning instead of that of assistant. He'll cope.
My boss is happy, I'm happy, and our local customers are
happy again.
Tony and I might not ever get along handsomely, in fact I
feel we will always clash.
Our methods are just different, as is the language we use.
Two cooks in the kitchen is often a recipe for conflict..
Bottom line though, we both have the same objective, get
the parts delivered.
Over time, it will all come together.

The river birch trees I planted along the east side of the
house are leafing out and I treasure the delicate beauty
of the process. Small birds take shelter among the branches
and I watch them from the small window over the sink as
they sit there with seed in their beaks, cracking each one
open with enthusiasm. Soon their antics will be hidden
by mature leaves.
This is a wonderful time of year, and this summer is going
to be a very active one.
Lot's of good stuff is waiting in the wings..

No comments: