From where you are, and where you want to be.
Millimeters or miles.
Miles, that's how progress feels some days.
On others it feels like I'm busting out!
Out of time worn attitudes with flair and imagination,
skipping along, on easy street.
Habits that have kept me marching in place fall away
with a word or idea, often from a friends lips.
Awhile ago, I was presented with the opportunity to grow,
and it seemed like a fortuitous event.
Taking the bait, I jumped in.
Whoa ....
My head above the waves, the water is deeper than it
first looked and treading in place, I think, "maybe I'm not
as brave as I thought I was"...
Debris of all kinds bump against my legs and arms
in this dark mysterious place.
It's full of beasts and creatures, bottom feeders, with sharp
crusty teeth.
Crack!
Now that I'm in I can't get out..
I can't go back.