Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Outdoor at Emrick

Got there early and had time to change out
my wheels without having to rush.
Weather was in our favor, not too hot or cool,
with a bit of a breeze.
Coach broke us into 2 groups, the fast and not
so fast. I was one of the three in the second
group.
After a brief roll around on the small track,
we sat down on the pavement in the parking
lot and stretched before heading out on the
longer, 1 mile loop.
The plan per Bob, who was pacing us on his bike,
was to keep an easy, steady pace without anyone
rocketing off when it was their turn to lead, which
we changed every lap, and to just keep going.
Taking the track clockwise, I was reminded that
two years ago I would have struggled to make it
up the hill in that direction twice, and last year
five times would have been a challenge, and inside?,
I would have been crying.
This year, I didn't want to get off the loop
after 10 laps, or 18.
I didn't call it a day until my left hamstring
began to complain and my quads were getting
noticeably tired.
My personal goal had been to do as many laps as the
faster group had done, and they lapped us at least
4-5 X's.
Too bad I wasn't counting laps..theirs or ours.
Oh well, bottom line is my fitness has improved over
time even if I'm not fast by any means outdoors.
Doesn't matter much right now.
It's great just to balance better on one foot and be
able to "T" stop!
LOL
Small stuff to most, but both had been a huge challenge
for me to get a handle on.

No comments: