Couldn't get mine to be still on the start line
last night but then I'd felt off balanced from
the very start of practice.
It caught me off guard, I thought those days
were over.
What is over, is freaking about these less than
prime moments on the floor.
It's not always pretty, but I am making progress
each and every practice I attend.
On the Hyper Board there is a thread about indoor
skaters going MIA for practice, and I admit I'm
surprised I've stuck with indoors so long this year.
It's a year full of firsts :)
Usually, when the weather changes,in the past as
early as March, you can't drag me inside to skate.
Guess going to Nationals has changed all that..
Still loving my new/used practice wheels, a combination
of "MPC" Black Tracks and V-Techs.
Our floor isn't quite bare of coating, but it's working
on being naked and this mix of wheels holds the floor really
well without being slow.
A matter of personal preference, I like the feeling of
being able to "dig in" to the floor with my wheels and
having something to push off against.
Anyway, all wasn't lost during starts. I didn't hesitate
as much on each go, and even when I wasn't balanced the
best, I still went forward instead of standing up or going
so far as to give up, like I used to :(
I like what I'm doing with my arms, one froward, one back.
Think I'll be able to use that to greater advantage
as I practice it more.
My lower back is very happy with the switch from down to up
starts.
Keeping my fingers crossed there..
Friday, May 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment