My part time, after work filing job is
a thing of the past.
We finally caught up on the huge backlog,
and the college aged girl who normally
does it should be able to stay on top of
things.
Since indoor practice starts up, a mere
two weeks from now, I won't have to deal
with any conflicts between the two.
And it only took a week for my boss
to come over to my office, shut the door,
and go over the opening in the Parts
Department.
The one my son created when he decided
he didn't want to work his Senior year.
None of the regular counter men want it.
Though, before my son started, they were
all obligated to work one Saturday a month
on a rotational basis.
It seems absence does not make the heart
grow fonder when it comes to working on the
weekend.
For years now, I've taken every opportunity
available to get on the Ford parts counter,
only because of the earning potential, but
no one wanted to take the time to train me,
or anyone for that matter.
Not even the manager before this one.
You had to have experience or forget it.
But now they are desperate.
So my request wasn't dropped like a hot
potato this time and I have even received
the official blessing of the owner of the
company, who I was told, was very pleased
with the idea.
My son thinks I'm nuts to step up to the
retail counter,( where everyone new person
starts) experienced or not.
Then he doesn't pay the bills
Learning this particular job as you go along
is a sink or swim situation. It's not going
to be easy, I've been warned.
My boss learned it that way and he said the
first few months will be awful..
I might even want to quit but if I hang in
I'll eventually pick it up.
Sounds a lot like me and speed skating..
With some things you just have to stick it
out, come hell or high water, before you see
the light at the end of the tunnel.
I'll be sure to check the batteries in my
flashlight..
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment