In two weeks my son and I will be making our yearly
trip out to visit my Dad and his wife in Washington
State.
Only one transfer on the way out, via D.C.,three on
the way back, via Houston and Cleavland.
I've never been to Cleveland before..LOL
The two+ hour shuttle bus ride from the Seattle
airport to the North end of Whidbey Island isn't a
hardship.
There is always a lot to see.
(Dad doesn't like to drive far anymore, but did pick
us up from the airport the first time we came out)
Sometimes the shuttle is packed, more often than not
with military personal, but sometimes it's just the
two of us and the driver.
At one point we take a Ferry from the mainland, and
that's when I start putting the East Coast behind me.
I love the West Coast!
A few days of temps in the 70's and everyday views
of Mt. Baker, the Cascades, the Olympics and the Puget
Sound area, and I cringe at the thought of returning
to PA.
Why, when there is a beautiful spot like that on earth,
am I working in New Jersey and living just across the
river in PA?
I wonder, now that my son has firm plans to enter the
Air Force after he graduates next year, if I would have
the guts to pack up and start all over again.
I swore 8 years ago, that that was the last time.
Then, if I've picked up anything in the last 51 years,
it's never say never..
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment