Thursday, August 30, 2007

He's In (Almost)

My son and I went to the Air Force recruiter
in Bethlehem last night and Austin spent 2 hours
listening, asking questions, taking a practice
ASVAB test and watching a video.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is what
he wants to do, and it looks like they are very
interested in him.
From what I understand, the Coast Guard and the
Air Force are the most difficult services to get
into. And from this initial ASVAB test he shouldn't
have any problem, at least on that front.
He scored double the acceptance figure, without
any study.
Next month he'll take the real deal, sign up for
the delayed entry program in October, and will
be well on his way to a career in the military.
Who knew when he was born that that was the
direction he would choose..
Certainly not me.
He's excited to have started the process and I'm
thankful he won't be sitting in my living room
as a twenty year old playing video games day and
night!
LOL
On the topic of tests, I really wanted to get my
motorcycle learners permit and it took me two
tries to pass the written test this week. And I
studied.
From the people I was next to in line this morning,
I learned that taking more than once to pass any of
the written tests, isn't as uncommon as I thought.
Next on my agenda is the free 15 hour Motorcycle
Safety Course the state of PA. runs for it's
citizens.
I had to have my learners permit to even sign up
for it.
The guy who was running the test process at the
DMV in Allentown couldn't say enough good things
about this course.
His wife took it last month at the same location
I plan to, loved it, passed the practical, got her
license and is having a blast with her new found
skill.
Sounds like fun to me too!

No comments: