Saturday, August 25, 2007

Home

At 7:15pm we climb aboard the Shuttle to
Seattle whose pick up location is down
the hill at the Seven-Eleven, and we begin
our journey east.
Our first flight leaves at 11:10pm and we
will both try to sleep that one out.
Then it is on to Houston and then to
Cleveland, and then to Allentown.
Should see the tarmac there about 1:30
Sunday afternoon.
I'll miss this Pacific Coast climate,
and it's geology.
And my Dad.
But this isn't my home, it's his.
Took me 6 days to slow my walk down, and
while in Oak Harbor I achieved some clarity
on issues that were, well, issues.
This past week has been like having a
freshening wind blow through the open
windows of my home.
Out with stale and old perspectives, and
in with enticing new ones.
Now I look forward to getting back to my
world.

No comments: