Monday, September 24, 2007

Sunday

Well,I tried to pack in as much as I could on
my day off.
Slept in till 7:30, took care of the critters,
made myself some tea then got on the computer
since my son was still asleep, the only time I
have access to it.
Before long it was time to get dressed and head
off to the Haycock Bikefest being held the
Southern Lehigh Community Park in Coopersburg.
Wasn't sure what to expect from a "bikefest", but
my hope was to see a lot of motorcycles, and that
dream was fulfilled in spades.
Fifteen minutes after the gates opened I'd paid,
had my wrist band on and was leaning up against
a fence watching the bike after bike roll in and
park. First under a line of trees, and when that
area filled up, on the well maintained grass of
a baseball field.
There were hundreds of them!
A kaleidescope of every make, model, engine size,
and color, passed in front of my eyes, most shiny
and pristine, ridden by as colorful a selection of
human beings.
Male female, skinny and fat, one astride, or two up.
The were a few rough looking bikes and a few rough
looking individuals, but they were in the minority.
For 45 minutes I watched bike after bike roll in
and park. Then gave up my ring side location and
started walking up and down row after row of two
wheeled wonders..
Wow!
You name it, and it was there, to be seen in the
flesh, err..metal.
What a great way to spend a few hours. The weather
was fine, and the scenery was too.
But nothing lasts forever and it was time soon
enough to get home and have lunch before indoor
practice.

No doubt about it though,I'm in the doldrums.
Then again, as I now recall, I feel this way
every year when summer gets serious about drawing
to a close.
Indoor season is on my heels and we will be fully
engaged soon. It's already getting dark earlier
and earlier, and everything seems to be shrinking
in around me, choking off the pleasure I find in
life.
In other words I am miserable at the loss of summer..

I'll adjust eventually, I always do.
But it's a sad affair..

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I feel the same way about summer ending and dayight hours getting shorter. Sigh.