Not having the AC and fans running 24/7
is a welcome relief. One can only hope
that the cooler temps are here to stay
and that we will enjoy a long fall season.
Of course, I'd like to keep from having
to turn the heat on for as long as possible
too.
Having a break from cooling and heating
costs would be it's own blessing.
We've gone from only skating outside to
training indoor and outdoor, and I'm
enjoying both right now.
With after work daylight shrinking by
minutes as each day passes, our outdoor
season is winding down and the "NY Skate
Marathon/NY 100" September 29Th is the
last big event on the east coast.
Several members on my team having been
diligently training for it and I know
they will do very well.
Go Ray-Ray!
For myself, I'm thinking next year will
be the time for my own first 42k. A
distance I'd never even considered before.
I'm feeling positive about the direction
our coach is taking us in as a team, and
my development is moving forward month by
month.
I've finally learned how to push under
with my left foot and I have outdoor to
thank for that!
Last month, when I first stayed on the
back of the faster pack, a gap would open
between us on each corner.
To close it, I had to hustle, and it took
more effort to stay in then it needed to.
Observing the situation,coach Bob told
me to get lower, and cross deeper on the
corners. A mental picture of how deeply
Jeff Foster crosses when he races indoor,
popped into my mind and I tried to copy it.
I made a real effort to sink lower on each
corner and to bring my right foot further
across in front of me. I think my new found
left foot under push is the result.
Bringing it indoor had a huge benefit.
When we did our first 100 laps Tuesday night,
it was there, without any prodding on my part.
Like magic.
Keeping tight with the pack was easy.
Woo! Hoo! I thought as the lap count went up
and I wasn't having to work so hard.
I'm a "speed" skater!
LOL
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment