surrender.
It's no use to try to stay in bed, when I wake
up at 1:30am, or 2:30am or 3:30 am, thinking about
motorcycles.
Staying in bed, trying to go back to sleep until
the alarm goes off, doesn't work.
I've tried.
So many bikes, so many cc's, so many questions.
I shopped.
In person and on the Internet.
I stopped.
When I saw a bike for sale in someones yard.
There was a ceiling on what I could spend, and
I was pretty firm on the amount I had in mind.
It wasn't much.
Yesterday afternoon I went by to see the first
bike I'd looked at, with an appointment to see
another one later that evening. I'd visited this
one previously, once just to look, and once to
sit on it. This time after sitting on it again,
looking it over in greater detail, and hearing
it run,I made an offer. $300.- lower than the
original asking price.
When it was finally accepted, I put a deposit down.
So, by weeks end I'll be the owner of a 2002 Ninja
250.
No crotch rocket, though it looks like one, and not
a bike I'll be battling traffic with on RT. 78, but
a perfect size and weight for my build, and a great
place to start.
When I took the MSF course, it was to see if I was
interested, if I could learn, and if I would even
be comfortable on a motorcycle.
That question was answered in the affirmative, and
I had fun, along with some nervousness, during the
process of earning the "M" rating on my license.
Yet, at courses end, I knew it was only the barest
of a beginning.
There is a lot more to learn and the only place to
do it is on the road.
Hence the need for my own motorcycle.
Not sure when I'll get it home, I'm hoping Sunday
if I can get all the paper work done by then.
A few friends have offered to truck it home for me.
But I've decide I want to ride it there.
:)
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your own bike. Cool stuff.
need photos! and you might have to change your blog name from Falling Water to County Road Warrior.
Post a Comment