Having a three day weekend is lovely!
Especially since for at least the next year,
I'll be working six days a week.
Starting next Saturday.
That won't seem so bad after working late in
the file room 3-4 days a week as I did for
the last handful of months.
Now on weekdays, I'll be home at five instead
of seven or eight.
We'll see how it goes.
I've been on a mission at home.
Cleaning, organizing, weeding, recycling,
and gathering clothes we no longer wear for
the thrift store.
Must be the cool air.
Reminds me of fall and the winter to come.
Every year I do the same thing. Maybe it's a
animal like nesting instinct. Don't know for
sure, but I do feel prepared after I do a major
clean up.
Thrift Stores.
I love them!
Sometimes you find absolutely nothing useful
and other times you hit a jackpot.
It's a cool form of recycling.
If you don't get icked out wearing previously
worn stuff.
It's always wash well before wearing!
Saturday I dropped 4 bags of our stuff off at
the thrift store in the south end of town, after
an earlier tour of two stores I'd never been to
just west of us in Emmaus.
It was well worth the trip.
Two new Land's End polar fleece jackets for $10-
each. A light weight Horse Mountain rain jacket
for $5-, and a heavy duty pair of over the ankle
boots to take my motorcycle training course in.
$7-.
Week before this I'd bought 5 pairs of perfectly
good jeans for .85 cents each.
And after I recently shipped back a pair of $185.-
jeans, (yes, one hundred and eight-five) for the
owner of the company I work for, (and who knows
why he sent them back, weren't soft enough?), I
was tickled with my thrift.
Indoor practice.
The first of the new season was Saturday afternoon.
And during that 2 hours, my ego had a hissy fit.
Basics.
Circles.
I seem to have a continuing brain malfunction about
them.
Because I have yet, to figure out physically, how to
manage to do them.
It is frustrating to the max!
By mere seconds, one thing I did manage, was to hold
out over the intense desire to take my skates off and
walk out the door, forever.
It was a close call.
Would I let my pride get the better of me?
I'm always shocked when it rears up like that.
Used to be I thought pride was a strength, now I'm
not so sure it is..
Monday, September 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment