At a late afternoon meeting yesterday, the powers
that be, greeted my department at a prearranged
time and gave everyone 2 weeks notice.
Everyone except me.
My drivers are being let go, there jobs outsourced
to a commercial delivery service.
These men are my family.
I've worked with them for almost 6 years.
Each day, each week, I see and converse with them
more than my own son.
I felt totally deflated 20 minutes after the meeting
started.
Some of these hard working guys are in their 70's
and for at least one, it might be very difficult to get
a job in another company.
A good man, just old and a little crusty around the edges.
It's like they are all dying in front of my eyes.
Relationships, if only in the work world we shared,
will be ending.
It is a huge loss for me.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bloody Hell!
Post a Comment