Thursday, April 5, 2007

Compensation

Haven't been skating so I've been eating crap instead.
All the stuff I normally stay away from, for the most
part, I've been busy "stuffing" in my mouth.
Pain management of a sort I guess.
This thing with my back is good.
Coming to a head the way it has, going to the Doctor,
getting X-rays, and this morning going to see a Physicitrist.
As anyone who has read my blog knows, I have been
struggling with my increasing age, and with the blatant
signs that I am not a youngster anymore.
Almost all of this is ego.
I don't like what I see and have been fighting it.
Fighting against who I have become.
Guess aging gracefully is going to take longer than I thought..
LOL
I've been feeling depressed this week, yet now, I'm in the
process of getting a clearer picture of what I have and what
I can do about it.
With the possibility that I won't be able to skate, (very
doubtful) I've had to clarify my goals so I can tell the
Physicitrist exactly what it is I want, and need to do.
Defining my goals again has put some of the wind back
in my sails.
Defining what I want to "do", has taken the focus off
what I can not control, the passing years and the effect
they have had on my body.
It's about the doing.
It's in the doing I find satisfaction.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I really hear you on this post. I'm having a hard time accepting the ageing process. At least in my mind, the body is going about it in a whole different way.