Degenerative Disc Disease.
Well, that's not going away.
Me either, so now I go to the PT guy on Monday, get
evaluated, and we work on core strength and balance.
I have nothing that any needle, scalpel or chiropractic
manipulation will cure.
No, I have to go about it the hard way, I have to change.
Not only my muscles, but I need to learn to skate all over
again, in a different way, just when I was getting good at the
old way.
There's that word again!
Old.
Ack!
Will it ever stop?
No.
So, Doctor diagnoses me, I ponder the diagnosis, and then
decide how I want to play this game.
Yesterday was good for me.
Want to feel young? Check out all the crippled elderly folks
at a rehab center..
I learned that a Physicitrist's job is to check out what you
have going on in your body, and he puts a name to it. Then
he passes you along to the next guy.
Dr. Boetel told me that I have no nerve damage, just an old,
damaged back that I have to live with. And it won't get better.
It will be an ongoing issue, just like now.
Does the shape and condition of my back have anything to do
with my balance issues?
It's very likely.
So I'm a klutz, but I have an excuse. LOL
Anyway, I called my coach after my visit to let him know
what was going on and he devised a fiendish plan of torture
to "make" me learn to lean over the wheels on my left boot.
It works, I'll give him that.
(That man is always thinking of the skaters on his team and
how to make them better)
This new "plan" works things that aren't used to working
and they bitched about it when I rolled off the floor last night
and all the way home.
Liked skating the other way better...
I like donuts too but they aren't good for me so I had to give
them up.
But giving up the way I skate around a 100m track for a new
one, might be more difficult than giving up donuts..
Friday, April 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds similar to my knee situation. I try to focus on all the things I can do, the things I can strive to do better. And when I look around at other women my age, I know I am in a much better place than 90% of them. Stay with it and don't be discouraged, Besides, what's the alternative to getting old?
Post a Comment