Friday, April 20, 2007

Thursday Rundown

Yesterday my back actually felt pretty good,
noticeably good, and my mood improved right
along with it.
It was a short work day, only two hours, because
I had to be home by 11am.
Our mattresses were being delivered between
then and 3pm, and I was looking forward to getting
the switch from old to new made and putting our
bedrooms back together again.
Truck arrived around 1, and $40- was all it took to
get the men to carry everything upstairs.
Unfortunately for me, I'd asked Dad for a Queen to
replace the double I had and the box spring would
"no way, no how" make it up the narrow stair well
of my 1913 twin.
Bummer..
It was only a few inches too big.
Back in the truck it went, but I kept the mattress
so I'm sorta sleeping on the floor but not quite.
Looks like we will have to inquire into a split box
spring.
The old mattresses are out on the front porch under
a blue tarp, tried down with rope and until garbage
pick up next week our house will have a pronounced
"white trash" look.
Talk about lack of curb appeal!
LOL
One good thing about living in town is that they will
pick up the old stuff on garbage day.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on that one.
Practice went well last night and until the second
down start my back held up. It was only a small "pull"
but warning enough not to push my luck with a
League Meet this Sunday.
I was pleased with how I skated, over all, and think
my coach really is getting me to lean my left wheels
over towards the inside a bit and I can see good things
coming down the road a ways.
Second PT session this morning at 8:30am and I'm
very interested in what Nick has on tap for me.
Also want to know if the exercises I've been doing,
the ones that make my back sore, have done anything
to improve matters.

No comments: