Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Relief In A Bottle

It was nice not to wake up off and on during the
night with a sore lower back. That's been the case
since this last episode started.
My PT exercises seemed to make it worse but before
going to bed last night I took a handful of ibuprofen
and acetaminophen and slept straight through till three.
A group of us met up at 6:30 pm for outdoor practice
yesterday and we dressed in various combinations of
clothes to ward off the cold.
And it was cold!
Several of us had beanies on under our helmets and I
even had gloves on.
Disappointing is the best way to describe how things
went down for me. My hamstrings and back did not
appreciate my asking them to work and I took several
breaks that I might not have without their complaints.
Towards the end of practice, (perhaps I'd finally warmed
up?), I had fun when we moved over to a different parking
lot that had a bit of a bank to it on both ends.
Once I got the lay of the land down and realized I could
handle the track, I had fun getting low and putting
in a few decent laps.
Still in all, I was slow and my body was not cooperating.
Oh well, some days are like that.

No comments: