Ugly day at the office..
New company came in, despite May 1st being the start
up date and one of them just about jumped my desk to
start doing my job.
I stood my ground.
I told him to back off.
I said that until I was told otherwise, by my boss, that
the desk and everything on it was mine, and my
responsibility.
On point, on guard, I wanted to toss him out my door
on his pants bottom.
My authority is being undermined by the new guys,
or maybe it had already been taken away and I just
hadn't recognized it.
Was I protecting territory that isn't mine to protect
anymore?
This is my boss's gig.
I'm not into his game right now.
But I need a paycheck.
So I will swallow the bitter taste in my mouth, punch
my pride down as in rises up in my chest, and the part
of me that wants to lash out, well, I 'll just have to keep
a lid on it.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment