80 something yesterday and I'm the last person you'd
have heard complaining about it.
Guys showed up to work in shorts for the first time this
year and everyone was in an upbeat mood even though
we are having a lousy month money wise.
No body cared about that Monday.
My boys have a "keep on keeping on" attitude as the
days count down to their last one, and as each one passes
I appreciate more and more what they have done for me.
And I wonder just how long it will take to break the new
crew in and get them up and firing on all eights..
The first few weeks of May are going to be wacky.
Last night was the return of our weekly road rides and
it was great to get my bike rack on the car and see Flo-Jo
in the rear view mirror as I drove up to our rendezvous.
Our after work evening rides usually start from our coaches
house and now that he has the gym in his basement we get
two workouts for the same price, free.
We don't need no LA Fitness membership!
There were four of us, less than half of the normal number,
and we were evenly split between bikes and inline speed
boots.
Rock on April and John for heading out on 100mm wheels!
We used main and back roads and it must have come as
a shock to several drivers to pass the usual evening cyclists
and then come upon skaters flying up the road as smooth as
silk just ahead of them.
Awesome to see from where I was in the back and both of them
went up and down the same hills we did. Only when you
heard Bob and I shifting into easier gears to climb, that
wasn't and option for them.
All they had to use was leg and heart and those two chewed
the road up and spit it out!
Very, very cool..
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment