Is just like anybody else's.
A very convenient tool.
My son calls me on it when he gets home from school,
and I often talk to friends during my drive into work
in the morning.
But I'm not on it all the time.
That's because,I'm on the phone at work all the time.
It's part and parcel of my job. So when my work day ends,
I usually don't want to be on the phone for very long.
Not so last night.
I was on my cell phone so long my battery died.
See, "He" and I exchanged numbers yesterday..
Normally it takes 50 minutes to drive home.
Yesterday it took 2 hours.
Not that traffic was bad, oh no, the roads were fine,
traffic was fine.
No, it took 2 hours because as I came closer to town and
home, I realized I was going to have to end the call once
I pulled into my driveway.
Instead, I pulled over next to the High School athletic
fields and kept listening.
Then, a little closer to home, pulled into the Community
Park, and kept talking.
Later I found myself in a parking lot over at Stabler.
Listening and talking.
Sweet Jesus, what was going on?
What can I say..
"He" makes me laugh.
And I make him snort laugh.
Hell, it must be love..
Right?
LOL!
And, it sure felt funny thinking about my son finding
out that Mom is interested in somebody, and that the
somebody is interested back.
Well, eventually it started getting dark.
And it really was time to go home and face the inevitable.
Backing into the driveway, phone to ear, I started to
the house and went out back to the garage instead.
Chicken!
Opening the over head door, still on the phone,I looked
at the Ninja and the conversation turned to motorcycles.
"He" used to ride and still has the "M" on his license..
Finally, I knew I had to face the music.
I walked up to the back door, and into my own house. The
one I was worried about entering, with a phone glued to
my head.
My son and I exchanged hellos, and I headed up stairs, to
my room, to my bed, which I laid across like a teenager..
and talked to "Him" till my phone died..
Sigh...
Back downstairs.
Ever perceptive, my son asked, "Who was that?"
How awkward..
.....
Ahhhh...
Ahhhh...
"Would it be OK with you, if I, well, was "interested"
in somebody"?
:) Bright smile
"Sure Mom. I know how that stuff is"
(He does?)
"It's not like I'm a kid"
Well.
That wasn't so bad, but it sure felt weird..asking my son
if it was OK for me to talk on the phone...and so on..
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment