Another cell phone charge used up, and squeezed bone dry.
As the "beep-beep" continued running over his voice,it let
me know that at any moment our ongoing connection would
slip out into no man or woman's land, and hence non-existence.
So I trotted from one room to the next trying to locate the
actual land line phone that I hadn't used for ages.
That mystery was solved by making a quick tour of my sons
bedroom and I returned to mine and pulled my dresser out
from the wall and plugged into a dusty jack.
Once we start talking, we obviously don't want to stop.
There is back story and history, and there is today and
the day before.
There are hard things to share and easy.
It's outright spooky how his life has run on tracks so
similar to mine, yet so different, that I have come to
wonder if we were twins separated at birth and just raised
in differing social and family environs.
I read once that the great value of relationships, of
deeply relating with another soul, heart to heart,is the
self discovery that goes hand in hand with opening the
door to your secret places and letting the light in.
Love recognizes who you are.
The very bones of you.
And smiles at the sight.
Friday, November 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment