Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Time Tells

It tells on you.
Not eating right?
Give it time and the scale will lay it out
for you in numbers.
Not getting enough sleep?
Crankiness, yawning at work, lack of interest
in things that usually grab your attention,
and falling asleep on the drive home from work
are sure signs that you and your pillow are not
spending enough quality time together.
Legs being sore for days after indoor practice
are sure signs I haven't been spending much time
on my skates.
In spite of that fact, and the time I've robbed
from practice and given to my little yellow Ninja,
I haven't completely gone to hell in a hand basket.
Last night we did a fun circle drill, a duck,
duck, goose type thing on wheels. With a decent
sized circle I was able to participate for real
and not just go through the motions.
Ok.
It's true..
Before I got dizzy I "let" Ray, who was chasing,
catch me...
Better to be safe, than sorry..
We did relays too, for the first time since
Nationals, and some of us were rusty with our
timing.
:(
No worries, we will all get back into the swing
of it soon enough.
And I did throw in one decent pass :)
Go me!
Felt comfortable on the floor and even though
my fastest still leaves some thing to be desired,
it doesn't feel bad anymore.
I'm no longer loser slow.

No comments: