And it's not me, it's my son.
When I'm out shopping in town, I'm often asked by
young cashiers if I have a son in High School. They
know him and recognize my face through his, which
they know much better.
My son is a thinker, has a naturally inquiring
mind and is constantly bringing his teachers up
short with questions.
He wants to know why, or why not.
Who, what, where and when aren't questions, they are
part and parcel of the blood that flows through his
veins.
He and I are enough alike that not much surprises me
about what he is interested in, but I was taken a back
recently when he chose not to have his picture taken
for his senior year book.
In fact, as a proud parent, I was disappointed.
You see, I don't have a picture in my senior year book
either. Because I left school in 11th grade and didn't
graduate High School.
And, well, I was looking forward to his being among
the graduating class of 2008.
Proof, that my son made it where I hadn't..
Well, he surprised me last night,with news he felt pretty
good about.
His classmates voted him "Most likely to change the world".
For that he is willing to be in his senior yearbook.
I can only hope he changes the world for the better...
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment