Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dark & Wet

Replacing the blades on my windshield wipers was
a must do this week. It had been so long since I'd
had to use them for real,(we've had a dry few months)
that I hadn't realized what sad shape they were in.
The new ones are getting a work out and go far in
helping me see where I am going at 7am as I drive
my son to school and then take myself to work.
This is not my favorite time of year.
Summer, how I will miss you..
At first the sound of the rain running though the
gutters by the back door and the smell of wet dog
surprised my senses.
Wet muddy paws? What's that?
Even the cats want in.
Looks like I'll be lucky to get the Ninja out of
the garage and on the road before Sunday, if that.
Daylight savings ends the first Sunday of November,
(God! Christmas is right around the corner :O ) and
on cue my body started prepping for the hibernation
the never comes weeks ago. The primal me has been
kicking in, and I find myself reaching for anything
and everything to eat, 24/7.
Might serve me well if I still lived in a cave, but
I'm a bit behind the times with that one.
Next time ice cream is on sale, I will push my cart
past the frozen desert aisle!
I swear I will..

No comments: