Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wheels

My son,who up to last night, has shown absolutely
no interest in learning how to drive, has decided
that he wants to get his license before he leaves
for Basic July 7th.
Sooooo....last night he and I went over to Lehigh
and used a portion of their huge Stabler parking
lot as step one in the learning process.
How to start the car, brake, and shift into 1st.
Yes folks, I have a 5 speed.
He didn't grind gears and within 15 minutes was
starting, stopping (without giving us whiplash),
and driving slowly around in a large circle
:) :)
Now, if he can just remember to keep his hands on
the steering wheel at all times...

1 comment:

Shelly said...

oh gosh, this is a tough one! Teaching your kids to drive, a life skill that they need to have, but knowing it's a "developmental" skill. I remember being on the roads with my kids and shifting toward the inside of the car because I was sure they were going to take out a mailbox!