First smile, first steps, first words.
Those were the milestones I so eagerly celebrated,
my heart dancing with pleasure as untold mother's
before me had.
Tied to every parent, world wide, by the process
of childhood.
My experience was special.
It was unique.
Because this was my boy, my child.
My one and only.
Miracle of miracles.
Unexpected joy of my days..
Bright moon in my night sky.
The best thing I have ever done in my life
has been to be mother to my son.
He has been the center post of my life since
the moment I first knew he was within.
The hinge around which everything afterward
moved.
My body his haven, keeping him safe, nourishing
him, I breathed for both of us, until he could
do it on his own.
Watching him move beyond my own boundary,
knowing he is ready to walk further into the
world, this one of his own weaving, is bittersweet..
My son graduated High School Friday night, with
his friends and peers..
It was the last milestone of his life that I will
ever be so intimately involved with..
Time moves us forward , ready or not.
Thankfully, he is ready for the next step.
And for that I am unspeakably proud.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
.......and you should be proud! Congrats to both of you.
Post a Comment