Bank display read 85 degrees at 7:15am yesterday on
the way to work, and 99 on the way home.
Temps have been brutal!
We only have AC down stairs so my son and I have been
sleeping on the first floor and thankful for it.
Sunday morning I meet up with a new motorcycle "friend"
for the first time and it was one of those instances
where things were comfortable from the get go.
As is usual for me when I ride, and in spite of the heat,
I was fully geared up.
Perforated leather jacket with amour, full face helmet,
gloves, jeans and heavy work boots.
Two hours later my jacket was strapped down on the back
of his Harley and I rode the rest of the afternoon with
just a sleeveless "T" shirt on.
It was so much cooler!
In that extreme heat I was willing to gamble that I would
not go down..
Lucky me I only had one slight "oh, oh.." moment.
That was turning left up a narrow road on a steep hill,
from a stop on a steep hill, with a ditch too close for
comfort right in front of me on the opposite side of the
road.
Pulling it off I exhaled with a big sigh of relief, and
the rest of the day went smoothly.
Did I say we stopped at a vineyard along the river and
did some wine tasting?
Nine different bottles?
No?
(OK,I only had the tiniest bit of each one..lol_)
Let's see...
No jacket, wine tasting and riding a motorcycle..
Or that after the wine thing a girlfriend who also rides
called and wanted to know if I wanted to ride with her
and 2 guy friends?
Well I was already riding with a guy, but he was game so
back up river we rode, meet them and headed out for another
2 hours.
By this time I was getting sunburned, so when we stopped
at the bar, (did I say bar?), I was thankful to be in AC
again.
My drink of choice was plain coke.
I only had to take a little ribbing for that..
Just because I ride a bike, doesn't mean I'm a biker chick.
Does it?
LOL
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Biker Chick,
Sounds like "fun" was the key concept! How about some photos of you in your full gear? or on the back of the Harley?
Stay cool, VR
Post a Comment