It's still ringing in my ears from practice
yesterday morning.
Ouch!
If the shoe fits...
I am a quitter.
At least according to yesterdays consensus.
Jeez, but it's frustrating when I don't perform
like the majority.
It's where I stand exposed before my team.
And it bites the big one.
But who wants to sit with people who just spent
20 minutes on the floor calling you, and people
like you, quitters?
Yet they mean well.
It's an act of encouragement on their part.
Quitter.
It's like being cursed at.
It's like being called a loser, without using
the word, "loser".
Yeah, I already now.
They don't need to remind me when I'm struggling
to stay in, that my efforts aren't measuring up.
Do they think I am stupid along with being slow?
I know, believe me.
Take your pick.
Quitter, loser, loser, quitter.
Struggling to stay in is a testament to my quitting
attitude.
But, you never know... calling me out on it might
trigger the hidden reserve I've been holding back.
That's it!
Holding back..
Crack!
I've been illuminated!
Gosh darn it..I've been holding back all this time
and never knew..
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment