Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Keep On Rolling On

It wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst.
Last night I hadn't planned on doing anything
more than putting my boots on and going slowly
around the floor.
And it's how things started.
There was no immediate comfort level when I
laced my boots on and stood up.
Only discomfort.
Unease.
Off balance, everything happening between the
eight wheels strapped to my feet and the floor
radiated up to my head like flash lightening.

"Danger!! Danger!!! Will! Penny! back to the ship!!!

I was hyper aware to every sensation.
Each one warning the cells in my body of imminent
disaster.
Unsettling me, just like I'd been on Saturday at
Whitehall..

But it was my home floor, and I was determined
to get past the rough patch I was in.
So I joined the pace line.
But when the speed picked up to a fast sprint,
I wasn't ready yet.
I was still afraid.
So I joined the pack when I could and got off
when I needed to.
An hour passed.
Little by little the hyper sensitivity faded.
Eventually I was training again.
It wasn't great, but the worst had passed.
Now I can move on.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Good for you! Hope your comfort level continues to grow, if you decide that you really want to be doing this.