It seemed to take longer than usual to get up after
falling last night.
Sprinting, just like I was doing when I took a hard
one Tuesday. This time I just had to lay there, face
down on the floor.
Couldn't begin to think of getting up..it wasn't in
the cards.
The right side of my head had hit first, SMACK!, a
sound that filled my ears, then down came my right
shoulder and arm, the one that still ached from
Tuesday, and then the outside of that knee.
Something funky is going on with my left foot when I
sprint. I don't know exactly what I'm doing, all I
know is that it causes painful singular wrecks.
Thankfully all those Arnold's I do have paid off with
a bit of muscle on the lateral part of my shoulder, it
protected the bone a bit.
Too bad my knee doesn't have any.
Could hardly walk down the stairs when I got home..
Oh well.
Time heals all wounds they say.
Will it heal the one in my head?
After this fall I didn't feel the same as I did Tuesday.
Tuesday, I'd struggled to get up and finish my laps.
Because you need to finish your race!
Besides, I'd felt a bit pissed about crashing so hard.
Last night, knowing this was a repeat incident, I felt
scared, and afraid. Afriad that it is going to happen
again next time I sprint..and the time after that.
There was the distinct feeling that I didn't want to
skate anymore, period.
So my heart wasn't in the remainder of practice..
We have a full Team practice tomorrow, because Regionals
is right around the corner, it will be a hard one, we will
be sprinting a lot, and the coaches will expect me to go as
hard as I can..
Wish there was more time in between now and then..
I don't think I want to go..
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment