After tracking my Doctor down, though he'd promised
he'd call within 24 hours after I went to him last
Wednesday, concerned about how painful my right knee
still was,I learned I have a bone "contusion" on the
lateral tibial plateau of my right leg.
All he told me was the contusion part, I found the
other info on the Internet.
To get even that small tidbit of information from him,
I felt like I was holding him up at gun point demanding
his wallet and car keys.
Early Monday morning I'd finally called the office to get
some information and was told they'd get back to me.
An office girl called later that afternoon to say this,
"Your x-rays are negative".
That was it.
A statement, nothing else.
OK, nothings broken, I'd assumed that.
But why does my knee hurt so bad?
What's wrong with it?
What should I do, how should I proceed?
How long will it take to fully heal?
Nothing.
So I asked to speak to my Doctor.
Hours later he called.
"Your x-rays were negative".
That was all he said.
Me, "Then why does my knee hurt?"
"You were very pain specific in that area on examination,
you have a contusion".
That was it.
No explanation given.
Me, "a bruise?"
A regular bruise?
I went to the Doctor, for a freaking bruise?
Do you know how many bruises I get skating?
And they do not hurt like my knee does.
Him, "Well, you bruised the actual bone itself".
No further explanation.
No what to do now, or how long it will take to heal.
Does he charge for each word he speaks?
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment