Monday, March 17, 2008

Meets & More

Drove east to Hacketstown N.J. early yesterday with
fellow skater Bill. B.
That's the location of Team Excel and they were hosting
our monthly Keystone League Meet.
We walked up to the rink door at around 7:30AM, but most
inside had been there since 5am with the 1st race at six.
A good crowd,and I was happy to see familiar faces and
catch up on the news.
Did I miss not racing?
A little..
I did my best to make myself heard over the crowd yelling
for their favorite skater in each race, and I cheered my
SOS team mates, small and tall, along with friends from
rival teams.
Would have stayed longer, but Bill was starving and started
following me around looking at his watch... so I took the
hint and we drove off to find a Diner.
GO SOS!

Saturdays practice wrecked me for some reason.
Yeah, I'm not fond of a 8am practice but even so, during
one the the longer passing drills, (which is a great drill),
after my 3rd time out, my heart rate stayed up after I came
back into the pace line and I just could not recover.
Weak, I ended up rolling off the floor and laying down for
several minutes.
As soon as I did, I broke out in a deep sweat.
I wasn't happy hearing everyone else still going around the
100m track,lap after lap, without me, but there didn't seem
to be any other option for me at the time.
Once I got things back on an even keel, I went back out but
was never the same.
Had I reached my max, had I done all I could, did getting
out of the line mean I was weak?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.