Tuesday, March 4, 2008

And The Answer Is?

TIA's,(mini strokes) MS, migraine??
There is no firm answer.

Haven't felt well since last Wednesday morning when
I had my unusual "ocular adventure".
The nausea that came with the event only lasted a day,
but vertigo has hung around for the past five.
Didn't go to practice last Thursday because I just didn't
feel right at all and Saturday my body struggled enough
during practice that I eventually had to pack up and go back
home.
Sunday I was in and out of bed, with headaches on and off.
Talked to my Dad later in the day, and low and behold I
discovered that he has been on medicine for years to control
reoccurring TIA's.
He said it took 50+ ocular events, and many visits to the ER
for some one to finally figure out what was going on.
It was a neurologist who solved the mystery.
He also said that each occurrence scared the crap out of him
and he was glad to have them under control.
"You know Hon, what your having are mini strokes.."
Nice....
Well, they say, the evil you know is better than the one you don't.

I'm just happy that I'm finally beginning to feel better.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Hmmm, I'm an eye doctor, and my first thought was migraines. TIAs were my 2nd thought I didn't want to post anything until you got an answer from your doc. I'm glad you are so tuned in to your experiences that you can monitor them and get to a doctor if these symptoms reoccur. Sending good visual karma your way!

Stillwater said...

Thanks Shelly!
The visual aura of migraine is something I am familiar with. I can tell when it's coming before the zig-zag lines even appear, and count myself fortunate that I don't get the head ache part! I usually take 3 Aleve as soon as the eye thing starts starts.
This was different.
I whipped around sharply to head back into the kitchen, and I all of a sudden I couldn't see out of the upper half of my right eye. The bottom half was like a side ways fun house mirror which was very confusing..oh well, I'm feeling much better now. Thanks for your concern and input :)