Woke up in the middle of the night with something
bothering my stomach. Half asleep I didn't know
what was wrong, but the "something" was enough to
break into the vivid dreams about skating I was
having.
Groggy, I assessed the situation..
Dang! I was hungry!
Guess I hadn't eaten enough when I got home from
practice last night. Didn't think I worked that hard,
but sometimes a Power Bar on the drive home from the
rink just isn't enough.
Though I didn't break any speed limits last night,
I did have a few personal, "ahhh" moments.
Moments where I noticed a difference.
One happened several times and though subtle, I
picked up on it right away.
It was the feeling of smoothness, going hand in
hand with speed.
During a few drills there were sections I definitely
felt "smooth, fast and strong".
Will the mantra I've repeated to myself so often
like a prayer, actually come to be a part of my
reality?
If I can relax into it I think it will.
Like yeast in bread dough, positive thinking has
consequences. It only takes a little to have a big
influence.
But you gotta believe..
By habit, I'm heavy footed, clunking around the
floor, picking each foot up and setting it down
instead of sliding each low across the floor.
Seems even the un-gifted can learn, over time.
Well, ok, years of time...
Hats off to my nature!
I might not be gifted, but I am tenacious.
Or maybe that's stubborn..
Had one good standing start.
The first one.
Rolled up to the start line, set my feet in one
try, was solid on "set", and ran down the long side
balanced and in control.
That felt super!
Woo! Hoo! I thought to myself, I can nail this!
And with more practice I'll be nailing it more often.
Mark those words!
Thursday, June 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are a believer! Stick with it.
Post a Comment