Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sleep, Where Is Thy Refreshment?

For whatever reason I was beat by days end
yesterday.
When I got home from work at 7pm. I was toast,
dark brown working on black.
Perhaps 10 hour work days and commuting over
a 100 minutes 5 days a week is taking a toll.
Maybe it's my biorhythms..
Good thing there was no practice.
Actually had to lay down for a half hour
on the foot of my bed to get enough juice
flowing so I could stay up till nine so
I could go to bed for real.
PDX, stinks.
Sorry guys, but you do.
Since Monday, whatever could go wrong has
gone wrong, and if you were working for me
I'd fire all of you.
Do I really have to go to work today?
Guess I do.
Nationals is right around the corner and
I'm beginning to feel the fear in my stomach.
It's OK.
By now I know it's part and parcel of competing.
Of laying it on the line.
Of showing up.
On my right hand I wear a gold ring with 3
interlocking bands.
Each band stands for something I want to develop
further in my life.
Honor..
Courage..
Commitment..
Some days I get close to living my ideals, and
on others I'm not even in the same county.
Often I write about my evolution in skating, but
life is all about evolution, isn't it?

No comments: