They can be such a pleasure.
Like mowing the narrow tongue of my back yard
with the gas push mower one of my driver's
picked up a handful of weeks ago.
It was in someone else's front yard with a
"For Free" sign on it.
Dale knew I needed one, so nice guy that he is,
he stopped, gave it a look, started it up, and
put it in the back of the company truck.
I took it home that night to discover it ran great
as long as you didn't try to actually mow grass,
when you did, it died.
So that's what the "For Free" sign was all about..
Well, I stuck it in the trunk of my car and had the
shop foreman look at it the next morning.
Scott gave it the once over, saw the automatic throttle
was the issue, stuck a bit of hard plastic between the
throttle and the housing next to it, and voila', she
worked like a charm.
I remember well the first summer we had the house.
Didn't have a dime to spare that year, nor a mower to
keep the yard in shape.
That year I cut the grass with hand clippers..
Stubborn fool that I can be I wouldn't ask to borrow
the neighbors push mower..
So I'd be out there, "clip", "clip", "clip"..till my
hand seized up.
What a nut!
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment