My bed plays a big part in my life.
I spend a lot of time in mine, as do most
folks theirs, sleeping the dark quiet night
hours away,reading,writing, among other things.
Over the past few weeks my bed had gone
through a wonderful transformation..
One of the blessings of my life is my Dad.
Newly acquired in the last two years, (he
was MIA for 49), he is fully part of my
life now and often does really nice things
for me. One of the more recent "nice
things", was the queen sized bed he gave me
for my birthday this year.
God love him, he is a sweet guy.
Unfortunately, he chose the set over the
phone and had it delivered sight unseen.
It's a Serta.
It looks good! Until you lay down on it.
Then you realize that that like the floor
underneath it, it's hard.
No worries I thought at first.
I'll adjust to it in a few weeks.
I didn't.
No.
Instead I woke up a cripple most mornings.
For weeks and weeks.
I concluded it was my back issue keeping me
jinked up and was beginning to think I'd
just have to live with it.
Until I bought a feather bed topper from
Kohls, during a 2/1 sale, and put it on my
card.
Free shipping was the icing on the cake :)
Heavy buggers, but worth every penny, and
the time it took to get them on my bed.
Not only is tossing and turning a thing of
the past, but I don't get out of bed like a
cold piece of twisted iron at 5am any more.
Feather beds are a miracle given from ducks
to mankind!
I swear, I am in love with every little
feather those things are stuffed with..
Thank you ducks of America, or China, or
what ever country you were born in, for your
noble sacrifice to my comfort.
I salute you!
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment