Well, it's over, but I'll need a few days to
recover and get back on schedule.
I've already started on the laundry and chores
I didn't get done by being away from home for
almost 3 days.
A big thanks goes out to Holly and Mike Snow who
provided an outstanding floor and well maintained
facilities at their Olympic rink just across the
river from Harrisburg, PA.
They are simply some of the nicest people I have
ever met.
They have a smile for everyone, all the time!
And a round of applause goes to all the officials,
and there are many needed to run an event of this
size.
They were always friendly, helpful in any way they
could be, going above and beyond required duties.
A special thanks goes to Justin Foster, a referee,
who volunteered to break in a new set of MPC blues
for me :)
Which I wore in my last division race and all of
Sundays relays. I love those wheels!
In one day I went from my first and only set of race
wheels, MPC greens, to harder MPC pinks, and ended
up trying, loving, buying, and racing on the hardest
indoor MPC 100m wheels, blues.
So, what was it like?
Saturday was nerve wracking to the nth degree.
My God, I don't think I've ever felt as awful as I
did waiting for those first races.
Being the only Grand Veteran Lady because of the new
5yr. age divisions, I rolled to the start line by
myself and raced my 1000, 500m and 700m alone.
I wasn't the only one to be in that situation.
A few years ago I would have loved having the floor
to myself, but I've changed, and grown in the sport,
and now know it's better to have skaters to chase
down, or someone on your heels to keep your focused.
The 1000m is my least favorite race. It was my first
and I did not skate up to my potential.
Nothing new there really.
I was nervous and it showed.
On the 500m, pre-race anxiety was doing the cha-cha
all over me.
Though I felt like I was made from rubber, it turned
out to be my better time and I broke the standing
Regional record. Just felt like doo-doo doing it!
LOL
Watching all the great racing between my own was a
thrill and records were being broken right and left!
Our team had a very strong cheering section :)
We all know how much it means to hear familiar
voices cheering you on as you pass by that section
of the wall when it's you out there.
Besides, it's lots of fun!
Good stuff :)
I want to thank my team mates, and our Coaches,for
their constant support and wisdom, especially Johnie
Ristine. His vocal support during each of my races was
priceless.
I heard you.
And it makes a huge difference, even if you can't
see it..
You guys rock!
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't imagine racing alone-- I know when I get on my bike, if I am riding solo, I slow down, even if I tell myself to kick it up. But I guess it worked for you! Congrats on smashing records!
Post a Comment