Sunday, February 3, 2008

Wham, Bam

Coach is back in the house.
Relaxed,dark skinned,and with a smile etched on his face.
A week in Mexico, in January, will do that to you..
:)

Good showing of skaters last night.
New and old alike.
At the beginning of practice my calves felt the absence
of last weeks floor time. It amazes me that all it took
were five days to start losing ground.
I wasn't able to stay in for the whole 100 lap pace.
Two minutes shy there, which bothered me.
Of course, unlike last year, we are now called on to catch
the pack several times, that adds laps, along with racking
up the effort factor, but still,I was disappointed.
Oh well, next time.

Couple of decent falls, my own included.
First real fall on the new floor.
(my "first" fall was over a young boy who went down right
in front of me, it was slow-mo, so doesn't count)
This was during relays, my turn out, at the apex, felt my
wheels ?, and next thing I know I'm flying up and into the
floor, right arm hitting first, with my hips continuing
the arc, flipping my lower half over the rest and slamming
it, and the outside of my right leg, into the hard wood.
Last down was my head.
Thank God for helmets..
Wham, Bam!!
Crack!
Groans escaped my mouth..
Man O' man!

Last time I fell hard, 2 months or so ago, it was over an
adult who went down out of a corner, sprawling across the
track.
I moved to the inside to avoid him, but there wasn't enough
time or room and I hit him like a train.
Thought at the time I'd broken in pieces..
(my left knee still bothers me)
Am I turning into a wussy?
Hope that isn't the case.

No comments: