Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tuesday

Hope I'm not getting sick again..but for the past
three days I've been dragging my wagon. I'm in bed
by 8pm and lights are out by 9, if not earlier.
Still feel beat up and sore from Saturdays fall.
And I didn't do my arm work out last night because
they are too sore along with my right shoulder.
All I wanted to do when I got home from work was
go to bed..
Getting older bites!
Don't let it happen to you!!!
LOL
Instead, I made myself go out for a 3 mile power
walk and ran a 1/2 mile of it.
A few years ago, on a hiatus from skating, I'd
built up to running 5 miles at a stretch.
Didn't enjoy it much, but I could do it.
It had been many, many years before that, while
training for a local Tin-Man Triathlon in my late
20's that I discovered my body wasn't made for it.
Running that is.
It's at home on in the pool or on the bike, but
running is a battle of will power.
So why I'm I planning to take it up again?
Just to prove to myself, that while I may be going
to hell in a hand basket,( F'ing DNA! grrrrr ), and
I am pissed as all get out about it, my will power
is in there somewhere and it's going to be put to
use..

No comments: