Thursday, July 26, 2007

Recovery Mode

Guess I was tireder than I thought.
On the way home last night I was falling
asleep in the car and had to pull over in
a parking lot and nap for 20 minutes.
That got me home, and I was in bed asleep
by 7:30pm.
Which meant I woke up at 2am.
Went right back to sleep though, till the
alarm came on at five, and easily could
have turned it off and slept longer.
Reading other skater posts, quite a few
of us are still playing catch up from
Nationals.
Strange.
The clarity I had while there is beginning
to blur.
The blanket of life's routine is fast taking
the edge off of mere week old memories.
There were moments in the Civic Center
when I "knew" what I wanted, "knew" what
I needed to work on when I got home to
make positive differences in my skill
level.
Four of those goals I wrote down in my
training journal while I sat in the
stands watching others race.
I will likely add a retrospect fifth.
Can I keep hold of the crystal clear
vision I had in Omaha?
Probably not.
Life affords all of us special moments
in time, and Nationals was one of mine.
But life goes on outside that rarefied
air.
Bills lay on the table here at home,
waiting to be paid.
Daily chores, my chores, can't be pawned
off on anyone else, any longer, and then
there is the on going rhythm of the work
week.
Routine.
Something I once found comfort in.
Having that bit in my mouth doesn't
taste very good right now..

No comments: