Friday, July 27, 2007

It's Back..

One of the great things that didn't take
place at Nationals, were any issues with
my lower back.
The only time I was concerned about it was
during warm ups. As I did hip openers with
my right leg, my vertebrae would "pop" with
each one.
No pain though.
We started outdoor this week and now it's
acting up..
:(
I'm I physically not made to skate outdoor?
Except for short sprints, I'm not very good
at it..
My coaches flailing armed example of what I
look like when I'm tried and just trying to
finish my miles out, was so spot on, that it
cracked me up!


It's not often I pick up stuff other folks
are throwing out, but last night I couldn't
resist. Stopping to check out the NordicTrack
someone had at the end of their driveway with
a "FREE" sign taped to it, I felt like a blood
hound who had found a fresh scent.
Turning my car around, I pulled over onto the
grass, and checked it out as best as I could in
it's folded position.
Everything was there, including an instruction
manual and the original receipt.
And, but for some dust, it was in very good
condition.
It all went in the small trunk of my car, and
I drove the rest of the way home with the trunk
lid up in the air.
Now it's set up in my living room, and along with
my slide board it's more than a little crowded in
there..
Now I'm thinking of taking out the chairs and
turning that room into my own personal gym.
Either that, or I need a bigger house..

No comments: