Five more days and my team will be in Omaha for
Indoor Speed Skating Nationals!
Wow!
It's getting down to the wire now..
Practice last night was a tough one to get to.
I was beat.
Simply, and utterly beat.
Nationals is what got me in the car and heading
in the direction of the rink.
Didn't skate well but I'm not worried about it.
Our last practice is Wednesday, and I've decided
that I'm taking tonight off from my usual after
work filing job.
In fact, I'm not doing anymore filing till after
I get back.
Woke up this morning, at 4:05am, with a crushing
headache. One that got me up and kept me up..
:(
Yep.
It's time to relax and rest.
Am I concerned about how I'll do in Omaha?
Guess I should be.
The fact is, I believe I am ready.
My body knows what it is supposed to do, and I'm
sure it will get some of it right.
If I remember to breathe and focus, if I go to the
start line ready to have fun, I'll do fine.
If I get bent out of shape about "how" I will place,
instead of focusing on how to race the floor, well,
that could hurt me..
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment